Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parsons Challenge (2)


WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia and grew up in the suburbs called Bintaro located in South of Jakarta, away from the crowd and the 24/7 traffic jams. Living in the suburbs, I find most of my comfort, where my home and my school are located. Jakarta, being the capital and the largest city has a population of 8,489,910 people. I find most of my inspirations in Jakarta Old Town (Kota Tua Jakarta) also known as Old Batavia (Oud Batavia). It is a special region that spans 1.3 square kilometers of both North and West Jakarta. It was once considered as a center of commerce for the whole continent due to its strategic location and fertile resources in the 16th century. Today, the former Town Hall of Batavia serves as Jakarta Historical Museum (Museum Fatahillah). I have drawn the museum to represent my town Jakarta and its historical site.

1 comment: