Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parsons Challenge (3)

WHAT HAVE YOU OVERLOOKED?

“We All Need Fun”
Location: Pondok Aren, Bintaro, South Jakarta
Day/Time: Sunday, 25 January 2009/ 20.00- 21.00


I realize how important it is for everyone to have fun. With the downturn of the economy,
ordinary people are the ones who are most affected first. They have to work harder just in order to stand still and survive the challenging environment. On a late Sunday evening, I decided to attend a local traveling carnival to accommodate the “ordinary class”. People from the surrounding neighborhoods attended this special occasion that consisted various stalls and amusements rides (Ferris wheels and kiddy rides). I brought my camera and took shots like wildfire, taking interesting views whenever possible. I have never attended such as an occasion before. I have really overlooked that fun is important for all of us, whether we are rich or poor, short or tall, black or white, we just need to have time for fun. I went out of my “comfort zone” and discover what is out there. I saw that these people were not in the best position economically and struggle everyday to survive.Yet they have time to enjoy themselves with their family, possibly not knowing on how to make money the next day. I am now more grateful to be where I am and will always find FUN in good times as well as tough times.



"Daredevil Ride"


"Where Shall I Buy My Tickets?"


"Carnival Came To My Town"


"Color Me Bright"


"Like Father Like Daughter"


"Novi's Smile"


"Light"


"Speed"


"Candy Land"


"Care To Join?"

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how your say the term "ordinary class", thankfully I could understand what you mean exactly. The term that is really used today is "working class" ;)

    This one is a good idea, and a good story behind it. Keep the awesomeness up

    ReplyDelete